Thursday, March 12, 2009

Doors Won't Stop Her Now!

I’ve been dreading this day for a long time – Rosie has mastered our door knobs. According to Carrie, our nanny, we have difficult doorknobs for toddlers. Her daughter, Zallie, has had doorknobs mastered for quite some time but struggles at our house. Maybe it is because we have a lot of open space…maybe it is because I keep the doors open…maybe it is because we keep all of her toys in one space where she can easily get them…regardless of the reason, up until now, Rosie has not really tried to open the doors in our house at all. That all changed last week.

I was feeding RJ on my bed and had accidentally locked Messier in my bathroom. She was crying to get out and Rosie was banging on the door to get in. Messier must have sounded desperate to Rosie because she was determined to open the door and let her out. After a minute of fumbling, the door popped open and a very happy Rosie looked at me and said “I did it!” You sure did, kiddo.

At around 2am, I was putting RJ back to bed after a feeding when I heard a noise on the monitor. Rosie was awake and climbing out of her bed. Usually she hollers for us until we get her. But the typical chorus of “I need Mommy. I need Daddy,” never came. Instead, I heard a click. As I turned to walk RJ to his room, Rosie appeared in the doorway. She looked at me, Binkie in hand, and said “I want to cuddle wish you, Mommy.” I guess the cuddle was worth the walk!

No comments: