Tuesday, July 17, 2018

My Little Firework

 My girl. My sweet Angelina.

Angelina is a work of art - a ginormous personality wrapped in sass and cloaked in a smile - armed with a heart full of passion and a head full of righteousness.

Being her parent is sometimes difficult, sometimes frustrating and always rewarding.

July 4th happens to be Angelina's half birthday - and our nation celebrates its independence with fireworks and parties, so my girl has it in her head that these parties are really just for her - to celebrate her half birthday. (Because who wouldn't want fireworks and BBQ on their half birthday?) This year, we had just gotten back from vacation a few days prior and had some major house changes happening, so a party was just not in the cards. From a few minutes after waking, Angelina had declared her half birthday to be "a disaster."

My girl wanted to do ALL of the things that our day just wouldn't allow. She wanted to play card games while her toddler brother was milling about. She wanted to invite people over - who would literally need to sit on our piles of laundry. She wanted to party - when all I could realistically do was survive a summer headache and try to make our mess more manageable.

But, despite feeling lousy, I promised my girl fireworks and fireworks she got!

Her mood was iffy at best until the fireworks started - then her sense of wonder took over and she didn't blink. She begged for a phone to video the display so that she could watch it over and over again.

I want to bottle her energy and enthusiasm. She has a way of seeing the light in every dark tunnel - and every dark heart. She loves completely and fully, and I worry about her tender heart and the fools that will come along and break it.

She is my baby girl and my mini me. Always & forever.


No comments: