Friday, October 31, 2008

Two Little Monkeys






Last year, Rosie was Tinkerbell for Halloween, and I made her costume from a pattern. This year, I desperately wanted to make her costume again, but there was no way, since RJ was born just 9 days before Halloween. There just wasn’t enough time this fall to get a good Halloween costume accomplished. So, off to numerous Halloween stores we went. Initially, I went in search of a cat costume for Rosie and a mouse costume for the baby. I could only find the “Ballerina Mouse” costume, and it’s a good thing I didn’t get that, since RJ turned out to be an RJ! So, instead, they went as two little monkeys.

When I first showed her the costume, Rosie wanted nothing to do with it. I think the facelessness of the monkey freaked her out. However – we were easily able to bribe her into the costume – all it took was a little chocolate! (RJ slept through his entire costume experience…)

Rich, myself, Rosie, RJ, Nonna and Papou all piled into two cars and drove up to the Genco house in Sparks for some trick-or-treating fun. Rosie and Patrick handled their court without a problem, and returned to hand out candy. Both kids had fun (RJ continued to sleep) – but at one point, Rosie said “Mommy – get the monkey off of me!”

Compliments to Target for putting together beautiful and affordable Halloween costumes…but I still hope to be able to make them myself next year!

No comments: