Monday, June 1, 2009

Feelings

This morning started out as any regular morning in our house. I was up with RJ at around 6:15. Rich got up at around 7:15 and hit the shower. I woke Rosie and got both R&R dressed and ready to head to the gym. Once my three Rs are ready to face the day, I take a few minutes to get myself ready upstairs. Usually just 15-20 minutes of alone time, this time is always the calm before my personal, frenzied storm. Typically, Rich just gets to play with the kids until I come down and we head out to the car. This morning, however, he got to share a moment with Rosie that will have me chuckling for quite some time.

Their moment went something like this:
Rosie: Daddy – I have feelings.
Daddy: What kind of feelings?
Rosie: Feelings. Just feelings.
(there is a pause here…as Rich tries to figure out what she is trying to say…)
Rosie: I need to go potty.

R1 & R2 head into the potty where Rosie proceeds to poop for a magazine-worthy amount of time. Once all of the bathroom business was finished up and hands were washed, Rosie turns to her father and says “Guess what, Daddy – I don’t have feelings anymore! They are all gone!”

1 comment:

The Kamienski Chronicles said...

Love this post! Cracks me up!