Monday, June 29, 2009

Car Seat Success?!

This was the soundtrack playing in my car this morning on the way to the gym:
“Mommy, I’m holding my RJ’s hand!”
“Mommy, I’m not holding RJ’s hand anymore.”
“Mommy, I’m holding my RJ’s hand!”
“Mommy, I’m not holding RJ’s hand anymore.”

And she repeated these two phrases over and over and over again all the way to Brick Bodies. I knew that she would be excited to be sitting next to her brother, and I was hopeful that the new seating arrangements would work out well for everyone. Fortunately, the excitement wore off by the car ride home from the gym and my two very tired babies were relaxed and ready to nap.

All was quiet for my ride home. Both kids fell asleep. It wasn’t until I was in the driveway that I turned around to look at the kids – and what I saw brought tears to my eyes. They were both asleep – and had fallen asleep holding hands.

So yes, the new location of Rosie’s car seat is a definite success…the image isn’t the best, since I took it from the front seat of my car – but you can see Rosie’s little hand holding RJ’s little hand. (You can also see the oh-so-fabulous Cowmooflage car seat pattern…)


No comments: