Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Kiss My Butt!


Kiss My Butt!
June 11, 2008


I had class tonight – and on the way home I called Dani – our friend who watches Rosie in the gaps between me leaving the house for school and Rich coming home from work. She asked me if Rosie pooped today. Well – she had – and I have to admit, the question immediately puzzled me. It’s not something Dani normally asks (although I will hear if Rosie poops on her watch).

Well – I guess my little angel went over to Dani and said “I huwt. I huwt.” Dani, who is an excellence surrogate parent in our absence, says to her “Rosie girl, where does it hurt. Want me to kiss it make it better?” And my daughter – my sweet, angelic 18-month old – proceeds to bend over and point to her butt. Yup – she definitely expected someone to kiss her ass!

Earlier today – I did my fair share of butt-kissing. Rosie knocked herself over during play time and caught the corner of her rear end on her crack house. No real tears – but lots of “I huwt” and Mommy kissing the offended area to make it better. So, either she was telling the story to Dani – or she is still feeling the sting of the only edge of her crack house that could possibly even cause a bruise. Regardless – my girl is a character!!

No comments: