Friday, June 6, 2008

When Did You Get SO Big?



When Did You Get So Big?
June 6, 2008

So they most amazing thing happened yesterday – my darling, sweet little 18 month old figured out how to get herself into her highchair. No assistance from Mommy needed – She can do it by herself, thank you very much!

Her high chair seat is just over 2” off the ground. There is a little bar at the bottom and a foot rest. The space in between the bar and the footrest is just over 14”. Rosie refused to wear clothes yesterday, so we had an indoor day filled with toys and Shrek 2 on repeat. At some point in between lunch and nap, I stopped playing on the floor to get us both some water. When I turned around, she was in her highchair shouting “bucky” at the top of her lungs. Completely stunned, I walked over to her chair and buckled her in. She then said “no bucky,” so I took off the buckle. This was followed by “hep, down” and the sign for “please.” Hmm…she got herself up there, but couldn’t get down. Interesting.

I, of course, took her out of the highchair and stood her on the floor. It then became a game. After climbing into the chair about five times, I got tired of the game and tried to “hide” the highchair by tucking it under the table. Nope – my girl would have nothing of it! Our highchair is on wheels, and she wheeled it back into the kitchen to resume her game. The only thing that kept her from climbing was the tray – I had to put the tray back in place. After a brief temper tantrum, we went back to playing with blocks and all was well with the world again.

So – my question is this: when did my little baby girl get so big that she could climb into her own highchair? When did she get so strong that she can use her upper body to pull herself onto any piece of furniture? When did she get smart enough to be able to tell me that she got hurt and show me where to kiss? I can’t believe how much she has grown in such a short time. And it scares me a little to think of what she is going to get into next!!

Picture on the left is from Rosie’s first haircut. We went on May 4th to Cartoon Cuts in the mall. Nicole – the girl cutting her hair – came highly recommended by Aunt Renee and cousin Patrick.

Picture on the right is just a random Thursday night. She is sitting on one of our tall barstools in the kitchen. She asked to put up there, and then she asked for her little friends. Well – the bear is bigger than she is!!

No comments: