Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Sesame Place




Sesame Place
June 13, 2008


About two months ago, Jenn mentioned to me that we should take the kids to Sesame Place. I was immediately on board and thought it would be fantastic to take Rosie and Ben (who are just under 3 months apart in age) to this magical place I remember from my childhood. We agreed that weekends would be too crazy. Jenn’s best day is Thursday – which works fabulously for me, since I have class on Monday and Wednesday. Perfect. Then I mentioned it to Rich.
As most of our friends and family know – summers suck. They are utterly “Comcastic,” complete with nights so late they technically count as early mornings and work so stressful you begin to exhibit physical symptoms – such as twitches – as release. Well – the thought of missing Rosie’s first trip to Sesame Place was too much for Rich, so off we went on Friday the 13th.

I am not normally wary of Friday the 13th – but maybe this time I should have viewed it as an omen and stayed indoors! It was a beautiful day and a nice, easy ride up 95 to Sesame Place. Rosie didn’t fall asleep until we were about 20 minutes away from the park – but she was a happy girl, so the trip was pleasant.

I knew we were in trouble within minutes of arriving. There were loads of seemingly unsupervised children roaming in front of the entrance. It was the dreaded school trip. Ugh. We went in and promptly waited on line for 45 minutes for the tube ride. Well – I waited with the stroller – Rich and Rosie waited on line. While I was waiting, a woman standing next to me had a friend hold a towel and proceeded to strip naked out of her street clothes and put her swimsuit on. I have never in my life seen an adult do something like this in public before. I didn’t know what to do! So I just tried to not notice and not pay attention. Here’s the best part – her friend was holding the towel in front of her – but her backside was COMPLETELY exposed to the line and the exit for the ride directly behind her! Crazy!

We had to leave the park for lunch because the wait for in-park food was over two hours. We went to Cheeburger Cheeburger, had a nice, relaxing lunch and then returned to a much emptier park. We met Oscar, the Count, Bert & Ernie and Cookie Monster – we also saw the 7pm parade.

Rosie had a blast – and I can’t wait to go back with the Kamienskis. It is so much fun to watch one toddler play and laugh in this type of environment – it will be more than double the fun to watch Ben and Rosie play together!

1 comment:

The Kamienski Chronicles said...

We can't wait for the 17th either!