Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Less than 76 Naps Remaining

Less than 76 Naps Remaining
August 5, 2008

Rosie waits for her "froggies" to fall from the ceiling...a new favorite game!




It’s a little after 3 in the afternoon. About an hour ago, I put Rosie down for her nap. Since the introduction of the Big Girl Bed, nap time and bed time routines have adjusted somewhat. She’s not quite ready to lay down in the bed by herself and just go to sleep. She needs a little cuddle time with Mommy or Daddy first. So it’s all Mommy during naps. Although I usually have a million things to do, I am grateful for this change in routine. It gives me a few minutes of precious quiet time just to stare at my beautiful angel and remember just how blessed I am to have her in my life.

Today, as I put her down for a late nap, I realized that I have so very few of these precious moments remaining. There are just 77 days left until my scheduled C-section. With today’s nap in progress, that means only 76 more naps with just me and Rosie…and that is assuming I am with her for her nap every single day between now and D-Day. (Delivery Day) Of course, I came to this realization while I was cuddled up next to her on her big girl bed…and of course, since this is me, I cried. So – I had to not only sneak off of her bed silently (not an easy thing to do when the bed rails are up and you are pregnant) – but I also had to stifle my sniffles until I could get myself out of her room.

I am so very excited about this new baby. I can’t wait to meet him/her. I can’t wait to know this baby. I am, however, going to miss all this time that I have with just Rosie. I am so going to miss our quiet times when there is no one else around. In just 77 days, our dynamic duo is going to turn into a terrific trio. I will always treasure the time that Rosie and I got to have – just the two of us.

No comments: