Friday, August 15, 2008

Are they Pigtails or Horns?

Are they Pigtails or Horns?
August 15, 2008





So – as you might have noticed in the last blog, Isabella was sporting some pigtails – which I just thought were the cutest things, ever. So – I decided to give it a try with Rosie. First, I tried to comb her hair into the proper position to see if it would work and if we had enough hair to actual pull a set of pigtails off. We did – so off to CVS I went to find some sort of hair apparatus that she wouldn’t be able to pull out on her own. I found such a hair apparatus in Scunci’s mini bands – tiny little colored pieces of plastic that barely fit around my pinky.

With the help of some distraction from Uncle Bill, we got her hair back into the pig tails. It took multiple attempts and several adjustments over the course of the day, but they stayed in from morning until bath time – and as long as you didn’t mention them out loud, she forgot they were there and left them alone.

However – with the pigtails seemed to come an unforeseen side effect – Rosie was suddenly two. Stomping her feet, shouting now, throwing herself into temper tantrums on the floor…So, my question is this – is she really jumping into the “Terrible Twos” a little early, or did she just confuse her pigtails for horns?

No comments: