Thursday, August 21, 2008

The Pediatric Ophthalmologist

The Pediatric Ophthalmologist
August 21, 2008

My girl and her gorgeous eyes...



Back in May, a bubble popped on Rosie’s eye. In true Rosie fashion – we have heard the story over and over and over again. This week, however, something strange happened. She was at the park on Monday night with Aunt Renee, Patrick and Elisa. When she came home and I put her in the bath, she put both hands over her one eye and started screaming her little head off. Next day – I call the pediatrician who wants us in right away.

Dr. Terry is awesome – not just with Rosie, but with me as well. She has a way of addressing my concerns without making me feel like a crazy, over-protective Mom. Fortunately, level-headed Rich was also able to go with me – so it was a family trip. Good thing, too – because he got to hold Rosie down while Dr. Terry put drops in her eyes.

Initially, Dr. Terry told me to watch her for a few days and then call back if symptoms persisted. Well – the next day she called and told me to take Rosie to a pediatric ophthalmologist. Dr. Jensen, here we come.

Dr. Jensen’s partner operated on Patrick when he was just 17 months old – and Renee had told me some very nice things about the office. I could see why from the time I walked in the door. They were all wonderful. They were good to me, good to Rosie – just great, all the way around.

Rosie, of course, did phenomenally and we determined that she is indeed just telling and retelling the story of the bubble that popped in her eye. We have a follow up appointment in December, just to be on the safe side – but Dr. Jenson is confident that this story will eventually be outgrown.

As a side note – the nurses thought it was just awesome that I didn’t know the gender of Baby Zoe. They did some sort of hanger test n me and determined that it was a boy. I told them I would let them know when I saw them in December!

No comments: