Thursday, January 8, 2009

I Love You Too Much!


I tell everyone who will listen (and sometimes those who could care less) than Rich and I are extremely fortunate that Rosie adapted so well to being an older sibling. She is a wonderful, affectionate little girl who is very into loving her family and friends – especially her baby brother.

At RJ’s first sign of perceived distress (which is sometimes just those little noises that babies make), Rosie is right there to say “it’s OK, Baby RJ – don’t cry!” She will take it upon herself to hold his hand, stroke his head and even shove that little binkie into his mouth – whether he wants it or not! RJ, in turn, truly knows his sister and you can often see his little face light up when he hears her voice or sees her.

I love watching Rosie with her brother. She exhibits tenderness that I would have never expected from someone who is barely outside the baby years herself. I wish that I could capture these moments and bottle them for her – because I know from first hand experience that there will be a day that having a little brother is more of a pain than a joy.

Today, Rosie took her cuteness in her loving of RJ to a whole new level. I got home from class and Dani was sitting on the floor with RJ. Rosie ran up to greet me and give me hugs. I kissed her, kissed RJ and made a beeline for the bathroom. As I am closing the gate behind me, I hear Rosie say “I love you too much, Baby RJ.” I stopped in my tracks and looked at Dani, who was trying to control her laughter at the cuteness.

“Did she just say ‘I love you too much?’” Dani nods. That is the cutest thing ever.

Rich and I tell her “I love you so much” all the time – but her 2-year-old version of that statement made it all the more endearing. Yes, she loves her brother so much…and the love that my baby girl has for my baby boy just makes me love her even more!

No comments: