Tuesday, January 6, 2009

The Way I See It...

As almost everyone knows - I am a Starbucks junkie. I have a problem - and its name is Venti Soy No Whip Mocha. I could suck down a countless number of these puppies in lieu of solid food daily – if I could only afford to have such a habit! In addition to the flavorful concoction, I am a big fan of Starbucks for many reasons. One of those many reasons is their cup. The Starbucks “regular” cups (as in not seasonally themed) have quotes on them – quotes from famous people, quotes from ordinary citizens, quotes from cancer survivors. These quotes are called “The Way I See It.” I am one of those people who reads every cup I receive from Starbucks and gets bummed on a repeat. I’m going to start sharing some of my favorite quotes through this blog…not just for your reading pleasure, but because I really want to remember them and maybe cite them someday. This one touched me, given my Resolutions for 2009:

The Way I See It #198

You can shower a child with presents or money, but what do they really mean, compared to the most valuable gift of all – your time? Vacations and special events are nice, but so often the best moments are the spontaneous ones. Being there. Every moment you spend ith your child could be the one that really matters.

-- Tim Russert

No comments: