Saturday, January 10, 2009

Thank God for Dani.

So – most of our family and friends have met Dani over the course of the past 2 years – but I don’t know if everyone realizes just how much she means to me and my family.

At this stage, I don’t know what I would do without her. She takes care of us. I know that when I leave my kids with her, that they are in hands as good as mine. I know that when she is coming over, I can look forward to seeing a friendly face. I know that when I am in need of a friend or a good cry, she is going to be there. I really don’t know what we would do without her. She was here on Wednesday until after 10. She was here on Thursday until 10. Rich was home by 8 – but she felt bad that she held RJ so much, (he was having a needy day…gas…), so she stayed late to play with Rosie a little more. Tomorrow, she is giving up her Saturday morning to come hang out with R & R while Rich runs an errand that is easier to do without the kids while I am in class.

At some point between now and May 2010, Dani is going to spend 18 weeks away from Baltimore – and I can’t even think about it without getting emotional. She started out as our baby sitter and ended up as our family.

So – thank you, God – for giving us Dani…because we don’t know what we would do or how we would get by without her.

No comments: