Monday, January 19, 2009

RJ's First Night in the Crib







This blog is fairly Rosie-heavy right now, largely because she just does more…for now, anyway. Tonight, I do have some RJ news to report.

We set up RJ’s room this weekend. Moved the bed out, raised the crib…dusted and vacuumed. Got everything ready for my little man. After I nursed him, I handed him over to Rich so that I could try and put Rosie to bed. Fireworks and celebrations from some Steelers fans in the neighborhood woke her up and had her asking for Daddy – so I called Rich up to snuggle her for a while. RJ was asleep – so we decided to just put him in the crib. He went down without a problem.

About 90 minutes ago, he woke up, looking for food. I fed him, brought him upstairs, laid him in his crib, patted his bottom for a minute and then went around upstairs collecting trash to go outside. When I got downstairs, he was awake in his crib, but not fussing. By the time I was done taking out all of the trash – he had put himself to sleep!

Could it be that RJ is going to be my sleeper? That he’ll be the one who, like his father (who is currently asleep on the couch) can fall asleep anywhere at anytime? Wouldn’t that be wonderful? I guess that only time will tell – but I am going to enjoy going to bed tonight!

No comments: