Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Josephine/Richie Jr. Update



Rosie and her "baby bump"


Josephine/Richie Jr. Update
June 26, 2008


I had a doctor’s appointment today – and all is still going well. As of tomorrow, I will be 23 weeks – which is just amazing. I didn’t think it was possible – but this pregnancy is going even faster than my first. To date, I have gained slightly less weight than I did with Rosie – which is my goal. I gained 25 pounds total with her, and still had a 10 pound kid! Anyway – blood pressure is good – no unusual complaints…

I was a little glum today because my OB decided to schedule a C-section on the 21st or 22nd of October. I was really hoping to avoid that – but I also really want to avoid a full day of labor just to have an unplanned section. So – I guess it is for the best. I have 17 weeks to get used to the idea!

We do officially have first names picked out. Our boy name hasn’t changed from the last time – if this baby is a boy, he will be named after his father…who was named after his father and grandfather… four generations represented in one tiny baby’s name. We will probably call him Richie or “RJ.” If this baby is a girl – she will be a Josephine. Maybe a Jo – or a Josie… (I would have a Rosie and a Josie!) Much like Rosie – we won’t know the name we will actually use until we meet this baby. Rosie is just such a Rosie more than she will ever be a Rosalie. I still love the name Rosalie – but Rosie just describes her. I guess we will have to wait and see with this baby too!

Rosie got to hear the heartbeat again today. I still don’t know if she understands what is happening – but she is starting to demonstrate an understanding of the changes that are happening to me. A few times I have asked her if she can give the baby a kiss – and she immediately comes over to kiss my belly. She has also “tickled” the baby by wiggling her fingers at my belly and saying “baby – ticky, ticky, ticky!” Today, I asked her where her baby was – and she lifted up her own shirt and proudly smacked her stomach and shouted “Belly!” (Which sounds more like Be-yee!)

Rosie has also demonstrated her understanding of this whole thing in the series of pictures above. She, without any prompting, shoved her football underneath her shirt. Once it was there she pointed to the bulge and said “my baby.” After my brother was born, my friends and I all pretended to be pregnant by shoving our soccer balls under our shirts. I was 4. She’s not even 2. I’m impressed.

No comments: