Wednesday, July 9, 2008

“No Cib, Mommy!”

Rosie with "wadee-mey-yon" juice all over her face...

“No Cib, Mommy!”
July 1, 2008

I am officially giving in. For about two weeks now my usually wonderful sleeper has been giving me a very hard time going to bed. I checked for patterns. Is she eating too much before bed? Is she thirsty? Is she only waking up at midnight on nights that I have school? No – none of these were the issue. Rosie just really wants out of her crib.

So – tonight, after experimenting with a few naps on our bed and the bed in “the red room” – I put my little baby girl down to sleep in a big girl bed for the first time.

We had her normal bedtime routine of brushing her teeth and putting her in a dry diaper – then she gave us both our good-night kisses. After Daddy left the room, I read her Dr. Suess’s ABC book – gave her another kiss and got off the bed. After a somewhat noisy effort to get the bedrails in place, I made it out into the hallway and closed the door behind me.

She cried “A Mommy” (which is Rosie speak for “I want my Mommy”) twice, and then conked right out.

I don’t think I will be sleeping tonight!

1 comment:

The Kamienski Chronicles said...

This post gives me hope. Ben is the worst sleeper known to man - Wally and I are such enablers (and lazy).