Friday, July 25, 2008

Get Your Bets in Now!

Get Your Bets in Now!
July 24, 2008


We took a trip to see Dr. Quartner today. The first piece of news is that my C-section is scheduled. October 21 at 7:45am. I was initially disappointed that I was unable to talk Dr. Quartner out of a scheduled C-section. I really wanted to experience going into labor and the excitement of the unplanned. For someone who needs to plan everything, there is something appealing about handing the controls completely over to God. So I spent a big chunk of the afternoon sniffly. Then I got a swift kick in the ass from Renee, followed by another swift one from Teresa, and I realized that although another C-Section isn’t my ideal birthing situation – it’s apparently what is meant for me. And really – the ideal situation is the one that ends in me holding my new, healthy baby!
So – it is time to start thinking about getting your bets in now. Given that I have a C-section scheduled, we changed the parameters of “Guess Baby Zoe” slightly. For Baby Zoe, you need to pick a gender, a weight and a length. We increased the stakes a little - $5/box this time around. Rosie was 6 days late, 9 pounds, 10.4 ounces. This baby will be 4 days early.

No comments: